Friday, April 28, 2006

An Enchanting day

A Song of Enchantment

Walter De La Mare(1873-1956)

A Song of Enchantment I sang me there,
In a green-green wood, by waters fair,
Just as the words came up to me
I sang it under the wild wood tree.

Widdershins turned I,singing it low,
Watching the wild birds come and go;
No cloud in the deep dark blue to be seen
Under the thick-thatched branches green.

Twilight came; silence came;
The planet of evening's silver flame;
By darkening paths I wandered through
Thickets trembling with drops of dew.

But the music is lost and the words are gone
Of the song I sang as I sat alone,
Ages and ages have fallen on me-
On the wood and the pool and the elder tree.

Today the ime seemed to just fly by.
This morning we met Daisy at Busketts. The sun was shining and the trees were just turning that fresh green of spring. We went down to the stream and stared for a while.Then I went back to Daisy's house for a quick cup of coffee and a wander round the garden. On the weeping pear tree we spied a little ladybird, but alas the photos were to blurred.

This afternoon we walked from Fritham, altough the sun had gone in and the skies were cloudy it ws still warm and we had a plesant walk. Missy found something very smelly to roll in, but we found a nice spot to sit for a while whilst Missy and Dora continued their ever on going games.
Before I knew it the day had gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Id never heard of widdershins before so i looked it up- In a contrary or counterclockwise direction: “The coracle whirled round, clockwise, then widdershins”

great to learn something new each day :-)