Tuesday, July 03, 2007

At Hatchetts Pond

Hey Mum look My neck is nearly as long as yours!

Mallard Duck

One little eye peeps out as the cygnets huddle together
This mallard Duck was swimming in her own puddle

The little Cygnets have changed a lot since our last visit

Black headed Gull perching on the signpost. sadly a notice was here warning fishermen to be take more care as the adult swans were getting entangled i discarded fishing line!

The Cygnets are much darker in colour and looking more like their parents, but they still have virtually no wings!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Lovely photos. That thing about fisherman and discarded line really makes me so angry. As you will know, a lot of my dog walking is at riversides, and I am forever picking up great long lengths of line where they have just chucked it down. There's no need for it at all, just bloody laziness and couldn't care less attitude which sadly is all too frequent these days.

Karen said...

Yes, some fishermen have a total disregard for the wellbeing of the wildlife. If it was up to me I would ban fishing!