Monday, November 19, 2007

Watching the Birds


Well the weekend was a complete wash out. It just rained from Saturday right through until this morning, when it was still raining! I managed to walk the dogs after the worst of the rain and to my surprise the skies were clearing as I came home. Although there was a very cold wind it was too good an opportunity to miss and I went down to see what was happening on the Lower test. Patience paid off and after about 40 minutes the Kingfisher arrived , he seemed to be very hungry as he was constantly diving and coming up with tasty morsels

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that Kingfisher - so beautiful and the egret below also. Nice Shots Mary!!

Carla said...

What a nice picture of the kingfisher. This beard is so beautifull. Fortunally in Holland there are more every year now of them.

Anonymous said...

I just read today that kingfishers were coming back, due to the canals being improved, and I wondered if I'd ever see one! What a beautiful bird!

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Wow! Awesome colour!