Friday, January 11, 2008

In memory of Val


On our walk this morning we saw a rainbow in the sky, it did not last long ,but before it faded away I did manage to capture it, and I dedicate it to my cousin Val who sadly died from Cancer on Monday. Val and I were only a few months apart in age and spent many times together as children, staying at each others houses. The end came far to quickly and right now I feel so sad .

The words below come from the Hymn Oh Love That Will Not Let Me Go by George Matheson.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

4 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

my sympathies....

Jan said...

Really sorry Mary, sending you many hugs. :(

sonia a. mascaro said...

I am sorry, Mary. My condolences to you and to Val family. Many hugs.

PS: Come to see your dogs on my current post. Dogs always give us happy and comfort, isn't?

Mo said...

So sorry to hear about Val.