Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Weekend


On Saturday we managed to walk the dogs before the rain came. The rest of the day it tipped.This morning the sun was shining and we had a lovely stroll at Ashley walk.It was a bit windy but once we were in the shelter of the valley it was warm in the sun. The little stream was full and we even found a mini waterfall after yesterdays heavy rain. This afternoon i spent some time watching the birds They come so close and are easy to photograph I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow as they are supposed to come and replace the fence that wa damaged in the storms a couple of weeks ago.
Blogger has been very slow recently and tonight I found I couldn't comment on other blogger blogs. If you read this Jan I thought Frank was adorable.

1 comment:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Hi Mary,
Catching up here a little on your most recent posts.

I love the sweet picture of the pretty little redpoll. He was showing of his head so nicely for you.

Ashley Walk looks really beautiful. I would love to walk down that road.

Missy and Raffles are pretty and their coats are so shiny. They look like two very happy dogs.

The waterfall, horse, deer - all beautiful. I think Fallow Deer are probably among the prettiest of all deer - maybe even THE prettiest.

I enjoyed seeing yesterday's post of the Nuthatch, too. The little red-breasted ones only began appearing at my feeders a couple of years ago. Up until then, I only had the white breasted ones.

I hope your comment situation clears. Somebody else I know had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, but it suddenly fixed itself.