Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Bird Watching


Its been rather dull of late but this week I had a couple of bird watching trips. At Blashford we saw some redpolls and long tailed tits along with great and Bluetits. There were also plenty of siskins , green finches and chaffinches. We went up to the North hide but the Bittern was hiding in the reeds although he had apparently been about earlier.
Today I slipped down to Eyeworth Pond and saw the mandarins. I put a little food out and we had all the tits and nuthatches galore. A couple of chaffinches put in an appearance but there don't seem to be many about and those I saw had badly crusted legs.

2 comments:

Jan said...

What a stunning photo Mary. That one deserves to be published somewhere.

pilgrimchick said...

This makes me sorely miss environments where winter doesn't turn the landscape into a desolate tundra.