Saturday, February 07, 2009

A Snowy Saturday Walk


As we drove up to the Forest this morning the world gradually turned white again. We went to Cadmans Pond . before we started walking I put some seed out for the birds they are really hungry and they flew down and started eating before I had finished spreading it along the log. Then we set off on our walk. The dogs had great fun . At one point a few fallow does ran across the path but they were too quick for me to get a photo. We did see their tracks several times as we walked through the crunchy snow. When we got back to the pond we watched the sun slowly melting the ice and the ducks seemed pleased to have some water to swim on. The birds had eaten all the seed and nuts so before we left I put some more down. I also finally got some pony photos. They had been hiding on our previous visits but they had come out from under the trees to warm up in the sun.

No comments: